The Gateway 2017
York Region Conference for Internationally Educated Professionals (IEPs)
Join us Monday October 30, 2017 at the Hilton Toronto/Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa in Markham for The Gateway 2017, a conference for Internationally Educated Professionals (IEPs). The Gateway 2017 will bring together IEPs, entrepreneurs, employers, professional associations and government in a dynamic environment conducive to networking and learning. Don’t miss your opportunity to be part of this year’s conference, which promises to Engage, Connect and Inspire.
- Take advantage of valuable networking and engagement opportunities
- Hear from experts that can help you improve your job-skill matching to leverage the experiences of IEPs
- Learn skills that will help you along your career path
- Gain a better understanding of Canadian work culture
- Learn about tools and resources that can help you in the workplace
- Strengthen York Region’s business base by fostering entrepreneurial opportunities
- Hear from outstanding experts who have helped IEPs realize their potential
- Show leadership, build relationships and demonstrate that your organization is aware of the issues facing IEPs
- Hear inspirational stories of success from other IEPs and learn from their experiences
The Gateway conference offers employers and IEPs a no cost, full-day networking experience and learning opportunity as an approach to solving labour market shortages, support IEPs along their career paths and help York Region businesses successfully compete in the global market.
2015 Conference Highlights
The Gateway 2015 hosted over 500 international educated professionals, 30 employers, 30 career ambassadors, 63 speakers and 54 marketplace exhibitors. The conference consisted of dynamic keynote speakers, soft-skill and sector-based workshops and various panel discussions.
The Gateway 2015 conference connected newcomers with opportunities and employers with talent by:
- Helping newcomers better understand the Canadian work culture, labour market and accreditation process
- Increasing awareness of community groups and services available to newcomers
- Reinforcing the value of networking among IEPs
- Helping employers improve their job-skill matching to leverage the international experiences of IEPs
Interested in partnering with us? We are pleased to offer corporate sponsors with special opportunities including preferred Marketplace booth spaces, advertising and corporate speaking opportunities. Contact Patrick Kasebzarif at 1-877-464-9675 ext. 72160 for more details.