People in York Region know how to have fun. With so many activities and events, it is a great place to live and to visit.
Here are some of the reasons why York Region is a first-class destination for the whole family:
- Canada's largest amusement park (Canada's Wonderland)
- art galleries and museums, including the McMichael Canadian Collection and Black Creek Pioneer Village
- variety of shopping centres, such as the Markville shopping centre, Vaughan Mills and Upper Canada Mall and live theatre, such as The Stephen Leacock Theatre
- high quality golf courses and sports venues
- great restaurants, wineries and micro breweries
- diverse forests and trails, including Kortright Centre for Conservation, Oak Ridges Moraine and Sibbald Point Provincial Park
- vibrant community fairs, festivals, farmers markets and colourful events
Each of York Region's nine local municipalities list what's happening in their community:
- East Gwillimbury
- Richmond Hill
If you have children and youth aged four to 18, you may be eligible to receive a subsidy for community recreation programs and/or summer day camps offered by local municipal recreation departments in York Region. Visit Family and Children Services of York Region for more information on programs that may be available to you.
York Region Community and recreation centres also provide many programs for residents of all ages to participate in. Visit your local community centre for more information on programs offered at their locations.
For more information about events and activities in York Region:
- York Scene - promotes the many community activities going on in the area
- York Region Business Directory and Community - lists community and business information in York Region
- York Region - What's On section of the website lists things to do in York Region
- York Region Cable 10 & 63 - activities and things to do in York Region