Learning in York Region
York Region is a great place to learn! We have one of the most highly-skilled and best educated populations in Canada. There are learning opportunities for everyone.
York Region has:
- a free public school system where children can learn in a safe, happy and nurturing environment.
- easy access by transit to some of the top colleges and universities in Ontario.
- many local libraries that provide people with the latest information, learning, leisure and cultural activities.
- several agencies and programs available to help people improve their language skills.
To find out more about learning in York Region, here are some helpful links:
- The Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW) Aurora/Newmarket is a social and service organization supporting education and human rights for women. Please visit their website for information on their organization; the supports they can offer to Newcomer women and awards offered by their organization.
- Ontario Ministry of Education - information about the school system in Ontario
- Information about schools in Ontario - information about educational institutions, English classes and children's school and programs
- GTA Faith Alliance Computer Training Centre (GTAFACTC) - provides free IT training to youth between the ages of 12 – 28. Staff also works with participants to ensure a job placement on completion of the training.
- Ontario Early Years Centre - provides helpful information about programs and services to new and existing parents with young children 0-6 years of age. Francophone programs and services are available at participating locations